Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Great Gatsby

I clicked to get "The Great Gatsby" on kindle store. The novel was placed the second rank of the 20th century best English novel. 
My first encounter with the story was not in the book, but a movie "The Great Gatsby". The starring actor was Robert Readford. I liked his movies especially "The Sting" and "Buch Cassidy and the Sundanece Kid", my favorite was Paul Newman, though. 
After watching the movie, I read the book. And when I was in my twenties, I happened to know Haruki Murakami liked the novel very much. 
The original sentences may be beautiful and gorgeous. But that's quite difficult to read for me. It's still beyond my understanding, though. 
I've been reading the novel with referencing Japanese translation, otherwise I would be lost the story. 
I want to get higher reading skill in English. 

No comments: