Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Tokyo 2020 Logo

Japan Olympic Committee has chosen Kenjiro Sano's design for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo the other day. After the selection, a Belgian designer insisted similarity between his work and the Tokyo logos. 
Mr. Sano officially denied stealing ideas from the Belgian theater's logo. I'm not familiar with design, but the two emblems are a little bit similar to me. There are tens of thousands of emblems all over the world. No one can avoid similarities in designing logos. Of course, you must not plagiarize someone's works. 
Aside from the controversy over the design, I don't really like Sano's emblems for Tokyo Olympics. I think they are not suitable for Japanese culture. I like more colorful and positive design. His emblems are too dark to Olympic Games. Olympic is a festival, isn't it? 

No comments: