Saturday, April 9, 2016

A Japanese Canadian

I met a Canadian at a Japanese style pub, izakaya and talked with him in English for a while. He was originally Japanese and moved to Canada when he was a child. He said that he was 98% Canadian. Now he was in his sixties.
He said that he was lazy to learn Japanese, so it was hard to read some kanjis for him. Even he was traveling in Japan, mostly he spoke in English here. 
He said that he found some wrong subtitles on TV news shows. He watched some interviews in English, but the Japanese translations were different from the originals. He said it was funny. 
I said that I was studying English and he suggested watching English dramas. 
When we were about to say farewell, I told him a joke. It was like, "I read a book about Canada. It said that the most famous products in Canada was snow," and he laughed. 
Click to vote →にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ
                        にほんブログ村

No comments: