Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ken-san Died at 83

A Japane actor Takakura Ken died at age of 83 on November 10 in Tokyo.
I have two favorite Japanese actors, Atsumi Kiyoshi and Takakura Ken. Now two of them have passed away. 
Takakura became famous after he acted yakuza, Japanese gangster, movies. I did not watch any of them, though. My first encounter with him was "Siawase no kiiroi hankati" and then, "Yasei no shounmei". I didn't know much about him at that time, but I was impressed his way of acting in the movies. I really like his eye expressions and voice. Since then I watched many of his movies. 
He has been acting a guy who has dark past like killed someone, involved some crimes or too strict his job. But he was honest, warm, merciful and silent in these movies. 
So many Japanese people feel deep sorrow at his death. 
May his soul rest in peace. 

No comments: