Thursday, December 4, 2014

Phobia

I think everyone has an irrational fear of something or has many of it. I also have some. 
In English, a fear of something is called a phobia. I don't like being high places. It's called acrophobia. I don't like to imagine I'm in too tight places and it's called claustrophobia. 
When you check phobias in the dictionary or on the web, you can find lots of them. 
I like toads because they are cute. But someone fears them and they are bufonophobia. Few, only a limited population, I believe, Chinese and Korean might be Japanophobia that protest against Japan. I'm not a shinophobia, but I'm sometimes angry with their behavior in politics. 
As developing the modern civilization, new phobias would be founded. For example, there are some people suffering from nomophobia. They are not dislike Hideo Nomo, but fear of no mobile phone. I gess you might be one of them. Be careful! 

Click to Vote! 日本ブログ村

No comments: